SS - The Flower of Life SS - The Flower of Life

Are you kidding me?

I'm not sure if I'm more horrified by your mockery of science or by the positive reviews you're getting for this ludicrous and trite amalgamation.

Positive points: The animation was decent, the sound was good, the aesthetic presentation was well done.

However, the content of this submission is inexcusable. And even more horrible is the influence it is apparently having on people. You are passing off non-professional judgments, random unrelated truths, and random unrelated /mis/truths as evidence.

I question how you can even in sound mind call this science unless you honestly have no idea what science is. Thus, a brief explanation is in order. Science is a method of observation and testing by which we increase our knowledge of the universe. Its basis is in the application of statistical reasoning about our universe. It is essentially a rigorous system of skepticism. None of your points are testable, or even really meaningful. Many, in the series as a whole, are just wrong. For example, being 'right' or 'left' brained is not a thing. Even just a quick look on Wikipedia for lateralization of brain function would have told you that. You cite no studies. You cite no experimental verification. You lack the ability to assert your statement in a scientific way, and what you are saying is not science, you just want to call it that.

A lot of the points in this video are just interesting facts about geometry, but then there's no proof for spiritual involvement, just verification of geometric principles. Further, everything is most certainly not geometric in nature. A basic understanding of our current conception of quantum interaction indicates a probabilistic universe. But really that is not even necessary to refute your point, as you claim thoughts too are bound geometrically. However, abstract objects do not exist in reality, and thus do not have geometric properties. If you want to make a metaphysical claim that they do, you have a lot more philosophical work to do, and that is a highly contentious point.

Your claims also fall short of the usual primary problems with religion, which this "spirit science" is most assuredly, by the way. You have no proof for abstract casual objects, yet assert their existence. However, it seems a fact of this universe that abstract casual objects cannot exist. If they do, I have seen no verifiable studies motivating their existence, so for you to assert one, you would first have to motivate your claims with research, rather than baseless whimsy.

The point of this review isn't really for your edification, as you seem, based on your responses to other reviews, unwilling to actually think. However, I hope that people will actually post truthfully about this garbage rather than let positive reviews mount up. Honestly, its really depressing for me to see, not only these stupid assertions be made, and I will maintain they are stupid unless you can actually motivate them with real scientific work rather than what you feel is pretty and nice in your fake mental construct of what you'd like reality to be, but people swallow them without question.

Use your brains, people.

I'm honestly not sure if the positive reviews are trolls, but even if they are, even a fake validation of your pseudoscientific mental vomit should not be done.

There's some debate, but overall people find this review helpful
RiverJordan responds:

Hey, what's so bad about sharing and discussing ideas that haven't really been heard before? In fact, modern science is beginning to discover exactly this in quantum physics and beyond. This is where unified field theory and e8 come from.

Ta~
jordan

Coldplay - Spies Coldplay - Spies

Awesome

This flash is extreemly well done and carried out. The art style matches the music very well, and everything is well drawn.

What makes me sad is that animations like the ultimate showdown and stuff that does not look nearly as good get first place for like six months and this goes unnoticed. This piece is true art and every scene looks like a significant amount of work into it. It may not be quite as good as stuff like brakenwood, but it is definitly up there, and I could see this easily being in the top five or ten on newgrounds.

Keep up the good work!

Totsugeki responds:

Well, y'know it's a music video and it Coldplay can't be loved by everyone. Furthermore its a kind of serious flash, so there again, it's not opened for everyone.. =/

Thx for your comment!

The Ultimate Showdown The Ultimate Showdown

It was good, but...

Its not the "best thing ever." There are plenty of cartoons I believe are better, not to say this is bad or anything. I didn't really find it that funny, either. It made me chuckle, but not roflmao or anything. Good job, and above average, but I don't believe its the best thing on negrounds, no disrespect.

altffour responds:

I agree there are better things on newgrounds if I could I would move littlefoot ahead of this one just to get everyone to shut the fuck up about the flash's position in the portal

-= Surrounded=- -= Surrounded=-

It was good

There were some errors:
The music doesn't loop, so it stops playing after the song is complete.
On level 13ish, one of the guys that spins and tries to hit you became indestructable (my weapons didn't do anything to it), and I couldn't progress.

The game isn't terribly original, but it is good for what it is. It is very much like phoenix down style games. The style has also been done before, but it was executed adequetly.

FHTH: Chapter 1 FHTH: Chapter 1

Good game

Good game, and I look forward to the continuations, but I did not find this game to be scarry. I think it was the fact that everything was drawn so cleanly and square, with no rough edges. Kinda makes it seem more fake. Thats not to say it was bad, just something that you should look into for the rest of the serries. Good job overall.

Avoid Posidon's Wrath Avoid Posidon's Wrath

Pretty good...

There is a problem in the game, if you get hit, you can just keep pressing the jump button over and over and you become imortal, as long as you press the jump button. You may want to fix it. The overall game idea was okay, but it really needs more to it. Adding more levels, more obsticals, etc. could really improve it.